Question about Ich-X

DamnKid

It says not use with sultanate base water conditioner like prime it can the meds less effective but a lot of people have used  ick x with prime and not had any problems I use API stress coat to be on the safe side when using ick x 

Edited by Colu
  • Thanks 1

On 11/18/2021 at 6:19 PM, Colu said:

It says not use with sultanate base water conditioner like prime it can the meds less effective but a lot of people have used it ick x with prime and not had any problems I use API stress coat to be on the safe side when using ick x 

Do you turn off the light during the treatment? Some say that light degrades the med.

On 11/18/2021 at 6:19 PM, Colu said:

It says not use with sultanate base water conditioner like prime it can the meds less effective but a lot of people have used  ick x with prime and not had any problems I use API stress coat to be on the safe side when using ick x 

Prime is a reducing agent. Formaldehyde, an ingredient in Ich-X can also behave as a reducing agent. In the aquarium, these chemicals can "donate" electrons to free oxygen gas in the aquarium water, producing water, hydrogen peroxide, and / or hydroxide ions. In any case, these chemicals lower the overall quantity of available oxygen within the aquarium. Prime and Ich-X likely don't interact directly, but using both simultaneously can cause a larger decrease in dissolved oxygen levels. The caveat here, though, is that when Prime is dosed appropriately, very little should remain in the system in the long-run. It'd also be ideal to use Prime and Ich-X at different times; water change in the morning, medication at night, for example.

So, basically: yes, technically Prime and Ich-X can have minor negative impacts on the aquarium. In reality, however, proper use of these chemicals shouldn't lead to major problems; water changes are more important than a small reduction in oxygen pressure. It's not a bad idea to run an airstone during treatment, though, especially as warmer water (which is desirable for ich treatment) retains less oxygen.

On 11/25/2021 at 6:34 PM, Colu said:

Yes you can treat  for longer than 14days with ick x  

I’ve spotted one white dot on my platy that as tiny as ich but not raised like ich cyst. It’s more on flat white dot. Correct me if I’m wrong but ich are supposed to be like white bumps on skin right? It’s hard to take a picture of it.

On 11/26/2021 at 2:59 PM, Colu said:

He how you tell ich from Epistylis they are often mistaken for each other

Screenshot_20210915-195657~2.png

What if my fish also have gill/skin flukes? Whenever I buy new fish, I always suspect that they carry these parasites. What are the early signs of fish infected with fluke and what should I do? My fish  are still flashing and clamping.

Some of the symptoms of Gill flukes is clamped fins increase in mucus covering the body rapid breathing  and flashings you can get flashing with ich when it's on the gills if you think you have gill flukes the best treatment for gill flukes is paracleanse or general cure I would add to they food then you can keep treating with ick x to cover all bases he a food recipe309580043_Screenshot_20210811-0142192.png.432059efb06bcbcfc1bafd4c0b3c3c3b.png

On 11/27/2021 at 6:52 PM, Colu said:

Some of the symptoms of Gill flukes is clamped fins increase in mucus covering the body rapid breathing  and flashings you can get flashing with ich when it's on the gills if you think you have gill flukes the best treatment for gill flukes is paracleanse or general cure I would add to they food then you can keep treating with ick x to cover all bases he a food recipe309580043_Screenshot_20210811-0142192.png.432059efb06bcbcfc1bafd4c0b3c3c3b.png

I think I’m cleared with ich now(fingers crossed)since the one I mentioned to you yesterday turned out to be not ich. I’ve been treating them with ich-x for 9 days already so I think I can stop now. But they are still flashing and clamping so I think something else needs to be addressed.

On 11/27/2021 at 7:28 PM, Colu said:

You could still have ich on the gills  I can't say for sure that what's going on

Don’t you think it’s safe now? It’s been 4  days since the last white spot spotted and at 82°F temp. I hope they were eliminated already.

What you could do is starting treating with paracleanse one of the active ingredient is metronidazole  that also treats ich but it's not  very effective  at treating ich compared to ick x or API super ick cure  that would treat any suspected Gill flukes and it will have a secondary affect on any possible remaining ich 

On 11/27/2021 at 7:44 PM, Colu said:

What you could do is starting treating with paracleanse one of the active ingredient is metronidazole  that also treats ich but it's not  very effective  at treating ich compared to ick x or API super ick cure  that would treat any suspected Gill flukes and it will have a secondary affect on any possible remaining ich 

Can I just dump ParaCleanse in the water than medicating the food? I don’t have Seachem Focus and some other ingredients.

On 11/27/2021 at 8:01 PM, Colu said:

If your not dosing  ick x you can just dose the water column

I got another question. During the cyst stage(white spot) attached to the fish. How long would it take to white spot to fall off  to the bottom at 82F?