Rob

• pH Right at 7.0
  • Nitrates between 20 and 40 ppm
  • Hardness moderately soft
  • Nitrite near 0
  • Ammonia 0 
  • KH/Buffer Not Sure
  • Water Temperature 75

I have a 10 gallon community tank and one of my corydoras started swimming erratically the other day and now he can't seem to swim upright, he'll swim fast across the tank and then sink and just sit there a while. He's still breathing but is definitely lethargic. After doing a lot of reading I'm fairly sure it is having a swim bladder issue, I'm just not sure if it's a bacterial issue of constipation. I placed some skinned and mashed up peas in the tank as I read that can help with the constipation but this is my first time having something like this happen so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would have added a photo but I don't have a camera available right now, I can say however there aren't any visible problems from the outside, he isn't bulging or bloated  and there are no abnormalities that I can see.

Edited by RobertMaddox87
  • Confused 1

I would try to place it in a hospital tank and treat with aquarium a salt and elevated temp, or I would treat with a full series of maracyn. Of all the things that could be wrong, bacterial moves the fastest so if you're unsure you should treat for that.  What inhabitants are in the tank?

1 hour ago, Kat_Rigel said:

I would try to place it in a hospital tank and treat with aquarium a salt and elevated temp, or I would treat with a full series of maracyn. Of all the things that could be wrong, bacterial moves the fastest so if you're unsure you should treat for that.  What inhabitants are in the tank?

Thanks for the advice I'll be hitting petsmart first thing in the morning and pick some up, until then I have him secluded in he hospital tank, Thanks for the advice.

Are there any particular brands or names you would recommend me to look for? Also what should the dosage be for a cory catfish, I've read they are very sensitive to salt?

Edited by RobertMaddox87