Light/C02/airstone schedule

meadeam

After briefly experimenting with the 2L Soda Bottle system, I recently started using an FZone 2.5L DIY CO2 generator in my 29 gallon containing Staurogyne Repens, Ludwigia, Amazon Sword, Anubias, and Java Fern.  I'm also starting to siesta the lights in the middle of the day to keep the photo period to 7hrs and still be able to enjoy the tank in the evenings.  I'm starting the C02 (currently at 2 bps which gives me a 1 pH drop in a few hours) 1 hr before the lights come on in the morning, then turning it off 1 hr before the lights siesta.  I then start the C02 again 1 hr before the lights come back up, and run it until 1 hr before the lights go down and the "moon" comes up.  At that point, I run an airstone for a few hours into the period of total darkness over night..  

I know there are a lot of variables here, but does this seem like a good schedule in general? I want maximum benefit with minimal stress to the fish.  I have the solenoid and air pump on wifi enabled smart outlets so I can synchronize with the lights.  

Edit: The tank is currently lightly stocked, but will be running at full capacity + when fully stocked.

Edited by meadeam

10 minutes every hour seems reasonable.  As far as I know my smart outlets can only handle 2 daily on/off cycles so I will divide the time up, with the larger portion of air time during lights out.  I think I'll add a small sponge filter as long as I'm running air anyway.