Is this fish sick?

Okesa

I just noticed that the school tamoroko (Gnathopogon elongatus) has some white patches on the top of their back. I'm not sure if they have been there for a while or not. When I googled Ich, it looks smaller than this. Any ideas on if Tamo-chan is sick, or if they just have weird scales?

585525726_PXL_20211101_014023415(1).jpg.9c9f872b4c0cb4861a8712e0a40807ef.jpg

PXL_20211101_014005440.jpg.065fa9dc6b6a94fe858750cf98b2ab63.jpg

Edited by Okesa

@xXInkedPhoenixX I'll have to check the water parameters when I'm at work again tomorrow, but the last time I checked the nitrate and nitrite were fine. I just did a partial water change last Friday.

It's an approx. 10 gallon unheated tank with Tamo-chan, 6 amano shrimp, 2 zebra nerite snails, and an undetermined number of Semisulcospira libertina. There are some Brazilian waterweed and Vallisneria growing in the tank as well.

Tamo-chan seems to be their normal self, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on them. 

I have taken charge of the tanks at the school where I work. They were being kind of neglected. Tamo-chan used to live in a 65 gal with an army of Semisulcospira libertina, no filtration/heating/lighting, and so much Brazilian waterweed that unless he happened to be at the front of the tank you wouldn't have known he was there. 

The school's red eared slider needed the space more than Tamo-chan did, so he got moved to this 10gal. I figured since he hadn't had heat for the previous 3~5 years and had originally been from the local river, that he would probably be fine with just a sponge filter and some friends to help keep the tank clean. 

I didn't know anything at all about aquariums when I started trying to help out the school pets, so this forum and the co-op's videos have been godsends. 

I don't actually have a recent picture of this tank, but I'll try to get one tomorrow. 

Edited by Okesa