Fin rot? Help

SKAVENCLOWNLOACH

Hey guys first time posting here.

I have a 29g tank woth 3x ancistrus and some endlers(about 8 ). I just added the ancistrus 3 days ago and noticed a damage on the fin of the male and a little bit on the smaller female.

Temp=23-24c

Ph=7.6

Ammonia=0

Nitrite=0

Nitrate=5ppm

Gh=125ppm

Kh=4dhk

I have been testing the water daily since I got them(using API master kit)and it has been stable like this.

Is this something I should be worried about  and treat with anything other than  clean water?

I was thinking maybe it is fin rot but I dont see any discoloration on the edge of the fin.

Any help is welcome

E6C38674-D198-4E2F-A7D5-3EDDD92BF643.jpeg

EFDDC5DD-20D3-49B3-A165-702764B2A260.png

It doesn't look like fin rot it looks more like damage to the fins I would monitor them for now if you notice any reddening to the edge of the fins and there fin getting worse then I would treat with kanaplex or maracyn it's possible your bristlenose have been fighting that what damage the fins I would add more caves and and wood for them to hide from each other

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 9:40 AM, Colu said:

It doesn't look like fin rot it looks more like damage to the fins I would monitor them for now if you notice any reddening to the edge of the fins and there fin getting worse then I would treat with kanaplex or maracyn it's possible your bristlenose have been fighting that what damage the fins I would add more caves and and wood for them to hide from each other

Thanks for the answer.

Ive not seen them fight but have seen him chase the females away from that driftwood (maybe they fight at night). They have 3 caves and this 1 driftwood +some plants , I will try adding more caves.

He has been diggin under that driftwood in the photo , maybe he has damage his fin on the seachem florite black substrate.

would you suggest using salt to help the fin grow back or just wait and see?