Swim bladder issue?

DannyBWell

My gourami has done this before. Try fasting for a couple of days to see if the fish is constipated or if the platy overate. You can also try a 10 to 15 minute Epsom Salt bath (1 tablespoon in 2 gallons). Observe for any other concerning signs. When it happened to my fish, not feeding for only 1 day would solve the issue. She's just a little piggy and I have to be careful about offering too much food.

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2021 at 11:05 PM, DannyBWell said:

Thank you @laritheloud I will try fasting first they definetly are little piggy's. 

Hopefully that's all it is. If the platy is otherwise trying to do its normal thing and still interested in eating (my gourami kinda looked like it was huffing and chuffing when she was swimming down, then would just let herself float back up), and you don't see any pineconing, it could be just that. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2021 at 10:11 AM, DannyBWell said:

Thanks again @laritheloud that platy seems to be doing much better I'm going to try cutting back on how much I feed and see if that solves the issue.

Oh I'm so glad!!! Isn't it such a relief to know that your fish isn't sick, just chunky? 😆 I revised my feeding practices after my thicklip gourami struggled here and there and she's been doing much better. It'll probably take some trial and error, but at least it's something you can control!

• Thanks 1