Anemones

Ram man

I bought a rose bubble anemone on Sunday and it was all good in the tank, I settled on a rock and It ate some mysis shrimp. I turned my wave maker off at night to keep it from getting sucked into it in case it decided to move during the night. I woke up this morning and couldn't find it in the tank so I started looking and found bits and pieces of it around the tank. My guess is that it got sucked up into the filter. Is there anyway to and proof a filter without it taking up alot of space and looking bad?

• Sad 1

What kind of filter is it? Depending on the filter you could put a prefilter box or various anemone cages that are out on the market. 

Turning off a pump isn't a great idea because anemones are going to settle into a place where they have the appropriate flow for them. Going on and off is going to cause them to roam more than they need to, which can stress them out.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 1:24 PM, Tihshho said:

What kind of filter is it? Depending on the filter you could put a prefilter box or various anemone cages that are out on the market. 

Turning off a pump isn't a great idea because anemones are going to settle into a place where they have the appropriate flow for them. Going on and off is going to cause them to roam more than they need to, which can stress them out.

It is a seachem tidal 75. And thanks for the info about the turning off the wave maker did not know or think about it.