Trials and Tribulations of Tanks with Kids

ChemBob

Well, my 1.5 year old flipped open the lids on my canister filter while it was running today. Drained 8 gallons of water onto the floor before my 8 year old asked why the water was so low in the tank. Thank goodness he noticed! This is after I shop vacced the majority of the water. I strongly endorse the use of a shop vac if you find yourself in a similar situation. I still used a couple of bath towels to get the remainder of the water up, but I filled the shop vacuum up twice. Heres the offender overlooking the cleanup.

20210829_194555.jpg.8a6ed27aee57002d81c2ae0772f0cfdc.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

My 4.5 year old has been pretty good about following instructions of such things since he was 2ish.  But my current 2 year old just does whatever he puts his mind to.  Like stepping up on a table to reach high enough to put his hand in the tank (which sits on a counter).  

I now have a 1 week old that I'm hoping won't delay my tank ambitions even more. 

I'm glad you don't have carpet. 

@Manny his little grins are quite amusing.

@Gideyon I feel your pain. This one loves to climb on the couch and end table to get into this tank. My older ones listen to the rules about the tanks, but we are expecting a new baby in December. I can only how the new one isn't as interested in "swimming" with the fish as this one.