My Planted Community Tank just turned half a year old. And College Football Starts Today!

Nanotanks

20 Gallon, Low Tech. Inspired by Ozzie Newsome, featuring the colors of his career: red, white, black, purple, and that horribly ugly Cleveland Browns burnt orange-brown. The two midground Crypt Usteriana have been trimmed to form goalposts, framing the centerpiece plant, A. Reineckii Red. (Roll Tide! Go Ravens!).

The betta is named Ozzie. Other fish: ember and ruby tetra, male endlers, and a breeding colony of Otocinclus catfish. And some crystal red shrimp.

Day 186 8 -28-21.jpg

Edited by Nanotanks
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Thanks, this is my fourth serious attempt at a tank, and each time I get a little better. This one literally helped me get a job; I was interviewing at a really competitive corporation, and the final part of the interview process was a thirty minute presentation and thirty minute Q&A session. I did mine on aquascaping. The final part of the presentation was a time lapse of this tank, Ozzie. Which is fed by your fertilizers.

And the basics of all that, I learned by watching Cory and Irene. I moved on to Amano, Farmer, and Walstad, but without the basic foundation, and particularly, Cory's amazing anti-establishment mentality, I'd never have learned the basics, and then gone, "You know what? I'm going rogue." Haven't changed the water in this tank in months. I hot-rodded my filter because of ya'll. That's sacrilege to many. But not here.

Anyways, thanks, guys, to this community for fostering the spirit of reasonable opinion, and teaching me the basics of what ended up landing me my dream job with the two time winner of best employee in my state.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1