Stand and tank leveling

Jimmy

First of 4 racks in my small fish room. Minor garage slope.

any problem with using door shim on two of the legs to get it close to plum?

secondly obviously buying 23 aqueons the 10s are absolutely perfect and with minor rack imperfections I want to do foam for each shelf. Where do you guys get your leveling material?

AF28F961-60AA-4BF8-81DA-5BB11C7A4E55.jpeg

On 8/20/2021 at 7:57 PM, lefty o said:

you could use shims, or since it is on concrete and wont shift when filled, you could sand the bottoms of the legs to level it.

The door shims work great with the testing I did. Any thoughts of leveling for the rack shelves?

here's my thoughts, right or wrong.  are we looking at leveling front to back, or overcoming warped 2x4 say across the front or back? if front to back, on the lower side maybe a layer of mousepad type material. main thing is that the tanks are not twisted end to end.

On 8/20/2021 at 8:27 PM, lefty o said:

here's my thoughts, right or wrong.  are we looking at leveling front to back, or overcoming warped 2x4 say across the front or back? if front to back, on the lower side maybe a layer of mousepad type material. main thing is that the tanks are not twisted end to end.

Not certain I didn’t take enough time to fidget. Basically a 10 gallon on the top rack rocked ever so slightly. Not sure if it was a discrepancy between the two rails or the aquarium.

I had a good idea initially I believe with flooring foam underlayment but then it occurred to me dollar tree sells big sheets of foam board that’s kind of chunky that would work well. At least I think lol.

also it would be easier to spray paint board than 27 aquariums 

I had a little more gap around some areas than felt comfortable while building the rack for the 2 40g's. I managed to take some of it out with wood filler and a bit of sanding before painting, but for added surety I found some rolled rubber heavy duty utility matting like you might use in a trailer or truck bed (at one of those farm/tractor box stores) and cut strips to fit. Been leak testing my set up for a couple weeks in the garage and it looks to have made a good cushion thus far. Probably not the most economical route but it's been coming in handy a lot of ways around the house 🤷‍♂️

On 8/21/2021 at 2:28 PM, ArchwayAquatics said:

I had a little more gap around some areas than felt comfortable while building the rack for the 2 40g's. I managed to take some of it out with wood filler and a bit of sanding before painting, but for added surety I found some rolled rubber heavy duty utility matting like you might use in a trailer or truck bed (at one of those farm/tractor box stores) and cut strips to fit. Been leak testing my set up for a couple weeks in the garage and it looks to have made a good cushion thus far. Probably not the most economical route but it's been coming in handy a lot of ways around the house 🤷‍♂️

Going to get a bit of foam today and call it good. I’ve built stands and the biggest was a 125. Going to see what the arts and crafts store has for styrofoam first if not the dollar store foam boards are sufficient 

On 8/21/2021 at 2:28 PM, ArchwayAquatics said:

To come back to your comment again quickly the rubber mats are great but not when it’s 30 feet worth of tanks LOL. I will get all the tanks wet for awhile before I have inhabitants