Strangest tank leak??!

Taylor

came home yesterday and my wife noticed our 10gal in the bedroom had water at its base, i figured it was probably a seal and dreaded having to dismantle the tank and fix it, after further inspection i noticed water dripping from the top and down the side.... ive been pretty cautious about wicking water from the tank and check the cords and airline quite frequently wasnt them. but there was some algae growing on the lid and the sponge filter was splashing ever so slight water onto the lid and the algae travled across the lid and  up the light bracket and out of my tank. must have only been doing it for a day because it wasnt that much water. but enough to swell dresser a little.

20200923_171938.jpg

20200923_171935.jpg

@Taylor, not strange at all! In yesterday's episode of 'Care Forum Investigates'. I experienced the same leak from the top rim of a "10" gallon aquarium.

As the water reached under the top rim, capillary action caused the aquarium to leak slightly by going under then down the inside of the top rim.

20200923_6080.JPG.fa23c791c9232943680aee77b1b3a205.JPG

I notice the location of your leak is right under where the bubbles from your sponge filter reach the surface.

20200923_171935.jpg

My guess is that just little bit of water is wicking under the rim and then drizzling down the front.

possible as well, i didnt take a good pic from the top view, there was a nice rim of water all along the lid and edge, and actually dripped from the light bracket, but also good to know that technically they arent sealed around the top rim and its a possible point aswell.