4-5 gallon Rimless "Bending/Panorama" tank options

Doug_E

I have gone down the nano rabbit hole. I was planning a 10g shrimp tank but now want to do two 4 or 5 gallon tanks. I saw a few rimless tanks and the prices were not horrible. The "bending" options (curved glass corners in the front, no silicone joint) look even better and work for my office setup where I'll usually be at an angle. I am trying to find one that goes back about 10" (width) to get more distance front to back for aquascaping. ANd if thats not picky enough, I prefer the low-iron glass. 

I've looked at ADA, Mr Aqua, Up Aqua, UNS, and Do! Aqua. The bending are very rare (Up Aqua and Mr Aqua) but 7-8" wide. I would probably prefer to get one that is closer to 10" and give up the bending.

Am I putting too much value in the distance from front to back? I see 2:1 length to width, but I tend to prefer a bit more width. 

Are there others I should look at? 

On 7/28/2021 at 8:08 PM, Doug_E said:

I have gone down the nano rabbit hole. I was planning a 10g shrimp tank but now want to do two 4 or 5 gallon tanks. I saw a few rimless tanks and the prices were not horrible. The "bending" options (curved glass corners in the front, no silicone joint) look even better and work for my office setup where I'll usually be at an angle. I am trying to find one that goes back about 10" (width) to get more distance front to back for aquascaping. ANd if thats not picky enough, I prefer the low-iron glass. 

I've looked at ADA, Mr Aqua, Up Aqua, UNS, and Do! Aqua. The bending are very rare (Up Aqua and Mr Aqua) but 7-8" wide. I would probably prefer to get one that is closer to 10" and give up the bending.

Am I putting too much value in the distance from front to back? I see 2:1 length to width, but I tend to prefer a bit more width. 

Are there others I should look at? 

I bought a tank at a local big box store that sounds like its just what youre looking for. Its not as fancy as a mr aqua or ada im sure but it also wont cost you anywhere near that amount and i was very impressed with the thick glass especially for the price. Its on my post here:

Frameless Cube setup