so I need lights for my tanks but I can't afford 4-5 finnex stingrays(1 12inch, 2 20 inch, maybe 2 48 inch) I remembered Bentley pascoe made a video on JC&P lights. has anyone used them? what is the color like? can you post a picture of a tank with them?

Thanks. btw I prefer to buy from aquarium co op but I can't afford multiple finnex stingrays 

3 minutes ago, Patrick_G said:

I think I watched that video a few times and Cory’s video review of the Nicrew a few times and then went for the Nicrew. 

you got the nicrew? how do you like it?

1 minute ago, quirkylemon103 said:

you got the nicrew? how do you like it?

I have a 48” on my 75g that’s two months old and it seems to be pretty good for the price. I expected it to be a bit brighter and I’m not getting good light into thick bunches of stem plants. I lost some pearl weed that I was trying out for a carpet effect. Overall I’m getting decent growth, and I can add another one down the road if needed. 

I have a Nicrew clip light on my 3g cube and it works great, especially for $16! 

• 1 month later...

I know this thread is a few months old, but heres what I have to say...

After being an owner of both a JC&P light and Nicrew Light, I have to say the Nicrew is far superior.

I really regret buying the JC&P light for my rescue bettas tank. Its a pain to program.

Sometimes I'll be away all day and so I wont be able to enjoy my tanks with the lights on. Often when this happends I just simply turn them on, and then turn them off when I go to bed. Usually when I turn them off again, they go back to their regular timer. But with the JC&P I have to re-program the timer to turn it on. 

On 8/6/2021 at 2:06 PM, James Black said:

I know this thread is a few months old, but heres what I have to say...

After being an owner of both a JC&P light and Nicrew Light, I have to say the Nicrew is far superior.

I really regret buying the JC&P light for my rescue bettas tank. Its a pain to program.

Sometimes I'll be away all day and so I wont be able to enjoy my tanks with the lights on. Often when this happends I just simply turn them on, and then turn them off when I go to bed. Usually when I turn them off again, they go back to their regular timer. But with the JC&P I have to re-program the timer to turn it on. 

ok I won't get the JC&P lights I don't know if I am going to be patient and get the finnex lights or I if I am going to get the nicrew 🤷‍♂️

do the nicrew lights have something to hang them? if they don't I am going to get the finnex for my 75 gallon

Edited by quirkylemon103