Pea puffer and paracleanse

Steve22601

I am treating a new pea puffer I got for parasites, it was lethargic and not eating well. I gave it the first dose of paracleanse on Tuesday. I forgot to get the 3rd day dose in yesterday. He is already much more active and eating better. Is it ok to give the 2nd dose a day late or should I just do the water change tomorrow and then repeat in a few weeks for the eggs this round won't kill anyway? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steve22601 said:

I am treating a new pea puffer I got for parasites, it was lethargic and not eating well. I gave it the first dose of paracleanse on Tuesday. I forgot to get the 3rd day dose in yesterday. He is already much more active and eating better. Is it ok to give the 2nd dose a day late or should I just do the water change tomorrow and then repeat in a few weeks for the eggs this round won't kill anyway? 

I'm not sure if I follow exactly what you're saying here, but it sounds like you're wondering whether to call the first dosing "done" and give a wait before second dosing . . . or to administer the ned of the initial dosing a bit late and then wait.

If I'm understanding correctly, I'd probably finish the round of paracleanse -- even if you're a day or two delayed -- and then water change, wait, and administer the second dosing a few weeks later as recommended.