The Welcome Thread

Lemon

31 minutes ago, quirkylemon103 said:

welcome @FreshI think that's the right Fresh 🤔 sorry if it isn't 🤣

what kind of tanks do you keep? how long have you been keeping fish/aquariums

Thank you! yes it is! I was also Fresh on piranha-fury.com so I figured to keep it going

I have a 27g cube that I recently bought locally off ebay which I'm going to setup as a community tank with live plants. It's been about 10 years since my last tank but aquariums have been in my family for years so I'm familiar with them. I've mostly had piranha tanks (3x) so this is a new corner for me

64341782324__A79A7CBA-D0C2-41AC-97E3-76FE978EEBF0.jpg

Edited by Fresh
  • Like 3

Just now, Fresh said:

Hello yes it is! I was also Fresh on piranha-fury.com so I figured to keep it going

I have a 27g cube that I recently bought locally off ebay which I'm going to setup as a community tank with live plants. It's been about 10 years since my last tank but aquariums have been in my family for years so I'm familiar with them. I've mostly had piranha tanks (3x) so this is a new corner for me

64341782324__A79A7CBA-D0C2-41AC-97E3-76FE978EEBF0.jpg

I love that bottom piece of wood, do you have any favorite plants and or plant types?

19 minutes ago, quirkylemon103 said:

I love that bottom piece of wood, do you have any favorite plants and or plant types?

Thanks! It's a 3pc set from Tfwadmx on Amazon. The driftwood on top was from my last tank but it won't sink anymore so I actually threw it into the woods lol

Basically anything low light but I'm really liking Amazon swords, java fern & moss, water sprite/wisteria and hornwort. Going for the Amazon river look

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fresh said:

Thanks! It's a 3pc set from Tfwadmx on Amazon. The driftwood on top was from my last tank but it won't sink anymore so I actually threw it into the woods lol

Basically anything low light but I'm really liking Amazon swords, java fern & moss, water sprite/wisteria and hornwort. Going for the Amazon river look

I am letting some wood float that I bought at a swap meet, the smaller piece has been boiled for more than an hour and it still won't sink I might superglue it to a piece of slate rock

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, quirkylemon103 said:

I am letting some wood float that I bought at a swap meet, the smaller piece has been boiled for more than an hour and it still won't sink I might superglue it to a piece of slate rock

Same, I boiled it for a total of more than a hours worth and still nothing so I just gave up, it's too big too let it float imo. The other pieces sank no problem with about 10 minutes of boiling so I plan on buying more of the same as I like really like the spider look

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, James Black said:

Welcome to the forum @initiallyfish Glad you could join us!!! If you have any questions ask away, I'm sure you'll learn lots!

Thank you! I hope so. I've posted on a general topics just now to see if anyone can help me with my problem. This seems like a very kind and caring community I'm happy to join. 

• Like 3

Hello! Thank you for the warm welcome! I have been keeping fish for 20+ years. I am learning so much from Aquarium Co-op and am enjoying looking at everyone's tanks on this forum. We have bettas, neon tetras, rainbowfish, Endlers, khuli loaches, corydoras, and neocaradinia shrimp. My husband keeps saltwater tanks and we have lots of corals, fish and inverts. This is such a WONDERFUL hobby, you are always learning and making new discoveries!

20210527_111538.jpg

20210527_111514.jpg

20210527_111639.jpg

20210527_111826.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, The Kentucky Mermaid said:

Hello! Thank you for the warm welcome! I have been keeping fish for 20+ years. I am learning so much from Aquarium Co-op and am enjoying looking at everyone's tanks on this forum. We have bettas, neon tetras, rainbowfish, Endlers, khuli loaches, corydoras, and neocaradinia shrimp. My husband keeps saltwater tanks and we have lots of corals, fish and inverts. This is such a WONDERFUL hobby, you are always learning and making new discoveries!

20210527_111538.jpg

20210527_111514.jpg

20210527_111639.jpg

20210527_111826.jpg

wow, I love the second picture. I am trying saltwater, I got a im nuvo 10 at a swap meet

• 8 months later...

I am new to this forum and new to planted tanks.  I just want to say thank-you to those who have responded to my basic questions without making me feel "less" of a fish keeper because I am learning.  I have been blown away by how quickly people have responded.  I think "CARE" is a great acronym for this community, because only those who truly care about other aquarists and the hobby in general would take time to respond so thoughtfully to newbies like me. I am so glad I found Aquarium CO-OP through You Tube.  They are a top notch business and I have learned so much through Cory and the rest of his team.  I feel all of you are an extension of this team.  Thank-you all!  Looking forward to gleaning more from your experience.