Adding to new tank

Rudles

It's not up and running yet. I'm just trying to gather information to help make sure it's successful. I have a 20 high and I'm going to run both (HOB and canister filters) on it for a week or so before startup to seed them. I have a 10 gallon to use as a quarantine tank. Due to logistics (I live on an island with no brick and mortar pet store, the lady runs it out of her home and only makes a couple of orders a year).

1 minute ago, Rudles said:

It's not up and running yet. I'm just trying to gather information to help make sure it's successful. I have a 20 high and I'm going to run both (HOB and canister filters) on it for a week or so before startup to seed them. I have a 10 gallon to use as a quarantine tank. Due to logistics (I live on an island with no brick and mortar pet store, the lady runs it out of her home and only makes a couple of orders a year).

Alright. Are you planning on using an activated substrate like Eco Complete?

As long as the tank is fully cycled, it’s up to you on quarantine for first fish. If you get sick fish, then your new tank becomes the QT. What kind of fish are you ordering?