6 weeks into fishless cycle and my ammonia is still so high. Test results attached.

Prahi

Answers to these questions will help me help you...

How are you attempting to perform this fishless cycle? 

What is your ammonia source? 

Have you dosed with any supplemental "live" bacteria? 

What kind of substrate are you using? 

What type of filter and filter media?

What is the water temperature?

6 weeks in, without introduction of beneficial bacteria from another source, especially at lower water temperatures , is not a long time.

Edited by tonyjuliano

So I bought water from a filter media at the start which had some beneficial bacteria.

I dosed it with ammonia., the powdered one. 

I am using gravel., from Petco. 

I have the hang on back filter with bio balls and sponge. 

the water temperature avg around 78-80

i am attaching a picture. Just so if it helps.

5 minutes ago, tonyjuliano said:

Answers to these questions will help me help you...

How are you attempting to perform this fishless cycle? 

What is your ammonia source? 

Have you dosed with any supplemental "live" bacteria? 

What kind of substrate are you using? 

What type of filter and filter media?

What is the water temperature?

6 weeks in, without introduction of beneficial bacteria from another source, especially at lower water temperatures , is not a long time.

46A020EA-2B65-47CA-A536-96004EF8A07D.jpeg

Ok, that is helpful.

You state that you...

19 minutes ago, Prahi said:

bought water from a filter media at the start which had some beneficial bacteria

From this I would assume that you added just some water from an established filter (without bringing over any actual media).

The bacteria you are trying to cultivate do not live in the water itself, but on surfaces only (filter media, gravel, etc.).  Just adding water from an established source does not add beneficial bacteria.

Also, it looks like you dosed with too much ammonia, as you need to add slowly and stop when levels hit around 2ppm.

So what you have is a tank full of ammonia with nothing to feed upon it, this is confirmed by your undetectable nitrite level.

If you want to "speed things along" you need to add a proper source of beneficial bacteria, via established media or another source.  The stuff sold in "bottle form" is not just bacteria in water, there is also microscopic matter which it can colonize upon.

Even without this, your tank will eventually cycle, it just takes time.  One day you will test your water and start to see levels of nitrite show up, followed by nitrate.  Soon after, the nitrate will continue to climb but the ammonia and nitrite will drop to safe levels.

At that point you need to do a water change (you have few live plants, not enough to effectively use up all the nitrates) and your tank will be considered "cycled".

Right now?

2 options...

1) Do a big water change to reduce ammonia levels to 2ppm, and then be patient

2) Start over, with the introduction of bacteria from a proper source.

Edited by tonyjuliano