Comet+black moor eggs

Ken Shan

I have a comet and a black moor in a 10G tank. I don’t even know which is male or female. But I can see both have become very aggressive. They laid eggs. Look at the pictures. I am not even sure if they are fertilized. Is this even possible? Please suggest what to do. Should I move the two to a separate tank? My tank is full of eggs. 

69573B0D-6135-4B28-80A1-0DCA20FA43F1.jpeg

Should you move them to a different tank? If you've got a bigger tank lying around then absolutely yes. A comet and black moor will quickly outgrow a ten gallon tank. Goldfish like/need a big tank. I wouldn't worry too much about the eggs. Being a mix of a comet and a black moor, they'd have little real world value. Most fish stores would only accept them as feeder fish if they took them at all. If you've got a fish pond, or have always wanted a fish pond, now's a good time to start digging one if you want to keep the eggs. Could they be viable? Absolutely. Could you end up with a hundred mixed breed goldfish? Yep. Do you want a hundred mixed breed goldfish? Probably not. And even if you kept the hundred mixed breed goldfish they'd spawn in a year or so and you'd end up with thousands of mixed breed goldfish. In another year those new ones would also breed and you'd end up with tens of thousands of mixed breed goldfish. Before long you'd be able to fill the largest lakes and ponds with mixed breed goldfish.