Hosepipe

Cjbear087

On 9/18/2024 at 11:04 AM, Cjbear087 said:

Is a normal (new) garden hose pipe safe for a fish tank

I didn't trust a regular one from the local box store. Instead, I went to amazon and ordered a food safe garden hose. It's held up really well and wasn't that much more expensive. Plus, the material was softer and easier to work with. I did buy a regular garden hose valve for the tank end, just so I wasn't draining water all over the place while moving the hose. But that was a brass fitting covered in plastic for feel.

On 9/18/2024 at 4:34 PM, Tony s said:

I didn't trust a regular one from the local box store. Instead, I went to amazon and ordered a food safe garden hose. It's held up really well and wasn't that much more expensive. Plus, the material was softer and easier to work with. I did buy a regular garden hose valve for the tank end, just so I wasn't draining water all over the place while moving the hose. But that was a brass fitting covered in plastic for feel.

Ah right. I didn’t know these existed so I’ll have a look. Thanks

• Like 1

On 9/18/2024 at 4:34 PM, Tony s said:

This should be okay right? https://amzn.eu/d/bvK0S0X

• Like 1