Cyano in brand new tank

I just recently set up our new 29g (6 weeks ago). I’ve ordered a decent amount of plants but lost a lot in the mail (high temps and shipping plants is not a good mix). 
Since it’s brand new, I knew id be dealing with a bit of algae as I get the nutrients and light balanced so the plants can start growing. I’ve had the usual brown diatom/hair algae all over the gravel and plants. Seems to be depleting, but there’s still lots of it in the floating plants. 
The thing I’m concerned about is we already have Cyanobacteria (BGA). That means something is pretty out of whack, but I don’t know in what way.

IMG_5015.jpeg.1eb948876e716c061f7bb217197a335f.jpegIMG_5016.jpeg.83095dc8d7e287975e2a1b66278cc909.jpegIMG_5017.jpeg.42ce0fa29033fd227d8500120018c37c.jpeg

The tank has a nicrew skyled (just a budget dimmable light) on 25% for 6hrs a day. I’m dosing Easy Green to keep nitrates at 20ppm. 
The Easy Flow sponge filter puts out a decent amount of flow, but I’m wondering if low flow is the issue? Too little light? I keep getting cyano in my 10g as well and can’t figure out the root cause because I don’t have much of other algae’s in that tank.

I want to get more plants on this tank, but I’m currently floating Pogo Octopus and Wisteria in hopes that it’ll get used to my tank and do better once planted.

So basically, I’m asking this: is it normal to have BGA in a brand new tank? And what can I do to prevent this and other algae’s?

Thanks 🙂

Edited by EricksonAquatics
Forgot pictures