Help sexing platy fish

I think this platy ended up being male even though I purchased femaleĀ 

The photo of the anal fin looked more fanned with a pointed end but I think (especially comparing to my true females- one pictured below for more reference) itā€™s a boy even though heā€™s biggerĀ 

Ā 

only weird thing is my silver boy platy uses hisĀ gonopodium like he grabs at his other fins and moves it around where the salt and pepper ā€œguy?ā€ Doesnā€™t do anything with it. The pepper platy also doesnā€™t care about the females where the silver guy is non stop harassing to mate. Any thoughts?

Ā 

I really needed another female cause one of my females is getting stressed but I feel attached now I donā€™t wanna dump him back on the sellerĀ 

IMG_9093.png

IMG_9094.png

IMG_9088.png

IMG_9095.png

IMG_9096.png

IMG_9073.jpeg

On 8/26/2024 at 9:34 PM, Newbie-ishfish said:

really needed another female cause one of my females is getting stressed but I feel attached now I donā€™t wanna dump him back on the sellerĀ 

Well, if you have the room, keep him and grab another female. I have never liked the idea of returning one either.

Yea once he was here I realized it was probably a male.Ā 
crazy part thought maybe ā€œsheā€ just has a fancier fin than the other girlsĀ 

Ā 

ive got the room to keep him it just puts the M:F ratio more out of wack and Iā€™m feeling bad for this one girl who seems unhappy - the silver male is a big bully

• Like 1