New betta fin looks wierd

I went to the local tropical fish store and bought a few blue jelly shrimp I was speaking with the owner and he practically gave me this betta . I have no idea what type of betta it is at the store in the little cup he just looked all white with specks of black but now his color seems to be changing his ventral fins look like they are just curled staying to the body is this normal if someone can let me know if there is anything I can do and tell me what kind of betta this is under the light his colors look crazy !!

IMG_0010.jpeg

IMG_0014.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Looks normal to me. Fancy halfmoon male, does not have a specific name for the coloration I believe. Good to see he will have a happy home, but be careful, watch closely to see his behavior versus shrimp and snails. Also those long fins may be fragile to any trauma, so although the tank looks beautiful, it is a bit risky to keep a betta with long fins with such gaps and wood pieces etc.

Those shrimp don't look like blue jellies to me. Blue jellies are very light in color, almost like your betta's blue. Those look like blue shrimp, they are in the separate part of the color tree

r/shrimptank - a diagram of different colored fish

• Like 3

On 8/26/2024 at 5:53 PM, Wonlee808 said:

I chose these because I like them but what he told me about it was wrong 

I think they're closer to blue dream shrimp, which is more common. Still very pretty though. and most of the care info should be the same. Your betta has the ability (and probability). to color up over time. especially when he gets good care and good food. Although, really, He's not bad looking at all with the pale blue. Be interesting to see what his color does over the next few months  🙂

• Like 1