Fin rot or bite mark?

Loc Tran

On 8/21/2024 at 4:00 PM, Loc Tran said:

I was looking around my zebra tank today and see how they going. Then I saw one zeb have this weird spot on his/her fin. Can someone tell me if this is sign of fin rot or just bite mark

IMG_0565.jpeg

Looks like you gotta nipper on your hands. What are the tankmates in the tank? @Loc Tran.

Might have some bully's in there 

• Like 2

On 8/21/2024 at 1:22 PM, EricksonAquatics said:

Looks like someone took a chunk out of that fin to me. Fin rot will usually always have a discolored edging (clear, black, or red is most common). That’s how it was on my Betta at least 🙂

Thanks. Just want to make sure in case i need to treat the wound

On 8/21/2024 at 1:38 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

Looks like you gotta nipper on your hands. What are the tankmates in the tank? @Loc Tran.

Might have some bully's in there 

Just shrimp in my tank

• Like 3

On 8/21/2024 at 1:40 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

Odd. But it should heal up good, keep stable water parameters and good schedule for wcs, etc. @Loc Tran

Sure will. I always do 30% water change twice every week for both my l46 and l236 tank

• Like 2

On 8/21/2024 at 4:42 PM, Loc Tran said:

Sure will. I always do 30% water change twice every week for both my l46 and l236 tank

Yes me too. I do 25% on my 20, and once on my 10 every week. It helps so much. Never against a good wc. So helpful. Whoever said that’s to many wcs are bad, they do one every other week 😁.

On 8/21/2024 at 1:48 PM, EricksonAquatics said:

Just keep an eye on it. Sometimes bites like that can turn into fin rot, but I wouldn’t worry.

I will, as long as the fish still eating when I feed it then I will not worry about it for now

• Like 2