Fritz ParaCleanse help?

Newbie-ishfish

I haven't noticed stomachs sunken necessarily, but two dont seem to be growing much. One has lighter/white gills (no fluff where it looks like fungus or anything). Ive noticed thin white/stringy poops.

Also one had a light patch on the side (at first i thought maybe a scale injury so I started treating the tank with some salt) and within two days his spine was completely bent in half and couldnt swim I had to euthanize. 

Overall parameters are all within normal limits and stable. everyone is still acting normal and eating. 

On 8/13/2024 at 9:21 PM, Newbie-ishfish said:

I haven't noticed stomachs sunken necessarily, but two dont seem to be growing much. One has lighter/white gills (no fluff where it looks like fungus or anything). Ive noticed thin white/stringy poops.

Also one had a light patch on the side (at first i thought maybe a scale injury so I started treating the tank with some salt) and within two days his spine was completely bent in half and couldnt swim I had to euthanize. 

Overall parameters are all within normal limits and stable. everyone is still acting normal and eating. 

If your fish are flashing have red spots on the body over production of the slime coat reddened and inflamed gills rapid breathing then I would treat with paracleanse the symptoms the platy had that died is more likely to be a bacterial infections 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2024 at 1:08 PM, Newbie-ishfish said:

Ok. I think I was just thrown by the sudden change/death and honestly no outward signs. According to test strips kh 40 and gh 180 (but that’s the highest my strips go to)

KH of 40ppm to low for platy that can cause a lot of health issues caused by the low minerals in your water you can add crushed coral to your substrate or in a media bag in your filter to raise your KH you would need to add one pound of crushed coral for 10 gallons 

Edited by Colu

low mineral content of your water can cause flashing if your pH is below 7 that can cause Gill burn in some fish caused by the acidic water crushed coral will raise your pH as well as your KH What's your pH 

Edited by Colu

On 8/15/2024 at 2:19 AM, Newbie-ishfish said:

Ok. Ph is 7.5 but I ordered some coral 

Your pH is fine platy can do fine with a pH of 7-8.5 I would get your KH up if your still having issues then I would go ahead and treat with paracleanse