Favorite tank track app?

k8nabel

On 8/10/2024 at 1:32 PM, k8nabel said:

What apps are folks using and liking to track their tanks? 

I don’t.

I take photos from time totime and can see how growth progresses over time…

I keep GH at 5 degrees give or take, KH at 2 degrees.  My CO2 injected tanks are kept at 30 ppm nitrates and my non CO2 injected tanks are kept at around 10 ppm…

I dont bother with PH levels on the CO2 injected tanks as they see weekly 75% water changes.

My non injected tanks get a weekly ph check. If PH starts to trend below 6.6, I do a 25% water change to raise it back up to around 7.0…

Pretty much I know how my tanks will react over time…

I basically do the same.  A small notebook for water chemistry stuff- test results, how much of x per gallon raises y by z amount, stuff like that.  And a dry erase board for more general notes that I take a pic of when it gets filled before erasing.

Haven’t tried this yet. Was given to me at Chicago aquashella. Aquabuildr.com , comes with one free tank, then can add tanks for a subscription or by tank fee. Going to try it on my 75g I think 

Personally, this can be convenient and it can also be a nightmare. I’ll go old school and use pen and notebook. I’ll always know where it is and I’ll never loose it. From my perspective, it seems like a distraction. I’d rather spend my time watching my aquariums than documenting its parameters. Seems dramatic and unnecessary.