Assistance with Planting an Aquarium

On 8/5/2024 at 3:31 PM, GPounda said:

Okay, but HOW?  Is there a minimum spacing like when gardening?

You do want some space but planting nice groups with about 1 inch or a fingers worth of space between each group is good. Here’s and old scape of mine with good spacing and grouped plants.

IMG_0256.jpeg

• Love 1

On 8/6/2024 at 6:03 AM, GPounda said:

WOW, how many different plants are in there?  I'm assuming you have a CO2 system?

I do use CO2. It’s 18 species. But having lots of plants really helps the fight of keeping algae at bay. 

Just use as many plants as you can but give them just enough space so the don’t choke each other.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2024 at 4:31 PM, GPounda said:

Okay, but HOW?  Is there a minimum spacing like when gardening?

I don’t have a great answer. But a common mistake I see is people not leaving room for their plants to grow.

In other words, I’ll see a “before” picture that consists of a tastefully designed aquarium and a “6 weeks later” picture that in my humble opinion is way too crowded and that lacks character.

I’ll admit I don’t have any great advice for how much space to leave. But it is something lots of people don’t seeM to think about. 

• Confused 1

If money is no object,  more plants is better.  Easy enough tothin out as they grow in.  
Even if you start of sparse, eventually, if you are successful, you will bethjnning them regardless…

• Like 1