Thoughts on Gorilla Super Glue GEL in Aquariums

Shiba

Hello all,

I recently bought some Gorilla Super Glue GEL at the store. I saw that it was safe for aquarium use. After doing more research, I found a few individuals who had said it wasn't.

What are your thoughts on using this? I can take it back, but would like to keep it if it won't hurt my fish or plants. If you have used this recently, please respond when you can.

People said that it is just ethyl 2-cyanoacrylate, but I saw it also had 1,4-dihydroxybenzene. What is the latter and was it added later? Is it dangerous for fish? Have you bought any recently and found that it still works?

Thank you for your time.

Yes, check the ingredients...

I found that I use twice as much and it takes overnight to set properly. I use a lot because I build solid rockscapes for shrimp and nano fish hides.

ACO glue is slightly cheaper, I use less and it cures quicker on rocks, wood and plants... just my 2 cents

• Like 1

Right from Gorilla
From their safety sheet:  "Aquatic Acute 1 : Hazardous to the aquatic environment, Acute, Category 1"

I know lots of people use it.  maybe that additional ingredient is not good for fish, not sure.  Some saying has to cure before you put it in water.  Could be what makes that additional ingredient safe for fish??   I know pure cyanoacrylate gel seems to be safe.  Old Krazy glue gel.    I have used fluval's flourish glue many times.  works fine, and u can use it under water if needed. 

• Like 1