Unknown Issue Wiping Out My Tank

ItsMeDario

On 8/5/2024 at 4:50 AM, Colu said:

If you don't have carbon the small amount of medication left shouldn't have a negative interaction with kanaplex and jungal fungus clear fizz tabs 

Okay, I received the kanaplex yesterday and finally started the process.

I dosed my two 10-gallon tanks with 1 tab of jungal fungus clear each and dosed the 40-gallon with 4 tabs which I mixed in a cup of aquarium water first. 

Additionally, I tried to create a mixture of food, kanaplex, focus, and garlic guard but I'm not entirely sure I did it right. Do you have pictures of what the consistency should look like? I fed all the tanks the mixture last night. 

This morning I dosed all the tanks with the jungal clear again, per your instructions. 

Here are a few things I'm seeing.

I noticed that a few fish look to have gill fluke. Does this look like that to you? (I'll post the pictures from my phone, they're coming in at weird angle's on my PC) 

Posted (edited)

Gill Fluke?

IMG_7398.jpeg

IMG_7399.jpeg

Looks like they're getting very skinny too. 

IMG_7401.jpeg

IMG_7402.jpeg

What the makes start to look like before they die. They get dark and tails start to droop.

IMG_7408.jpeg

Found a female with a bunch of white spots. 

IMG_7409.jpeg

I will find a way to add a video of the fish with the white spots. Ultimately, I'm wondering if the meds I'm providing are helpful for what I'm seeing here. I appreciate any advice you might have. 

Edited by ItsMeDario

I wouldn't recommend using kanaplex in food as very little of the medication is adsorbed by the intestinal tract so not much makes it into to the blood stream it can harm the benefial  flora in the gut when used in food  I can't tell off your picture if that's Gill flukes have you noticed any of these symptoms that would indicate a parasitic infection rapid breathing hanging out near the surface lethargy flashing spitting food out sunken belly white stringy poop I would finish the full course of kanaplex and jungal fungus clear fizz tabs and go from there @ItsMeDario