Your Help Stocking a 150 Gallon Freshwater Tank, Please

On 8/2/2024 at 11:33 AM, KoiAngels said:

you could replace the odessa with snakeskin barbs for a different Look.

You could try discus or red terror instead of false green terror 

Great ideas, apart from that the numbers and mix are suitable for a 150 gallon tank?  Not too heavy a load?

• Like 1

On 8/2/2024 at 11:08 AM, GPounda said:

Thoughts?

That's a lot of fish! Could you do it? Yes, but maintenance is going to be a full-time job. One of the first things we learn is even large tanks are not large enough to hold everything😔. That's the number one thing driving multiple tank syndrome. So many fish, so little space. I'd probably cut back by at least 25%, or more.

One of the other things I noticed. Odessa barbs temps don't align well with the others. Odessa's are a colder water fish

• Like 2

@Tony s, good to know, and I understand the Terror's will destroy the Aquascape.

Revised plan. . . get rid of the wife, and all of the furniture - fill house with Aquariums. 😄

Or. . .

1 24+ school of Rainbows (5")
8x Banded
8x Boseman
8x Lake Kutubu

1 24+ school of Barbs (2.5 - 3")
8x Black Ruby
8x Gold
8x Rhombo

10x Cory's
10x Loaches
1x Rainbow Shark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

On 8/2/2024 at 8:37 PM, GPounda said:

get rid of the wife, and all of the furniture - fill house with Aquariums

Yeah. I never advise getting rid of the wife. And i did fill up the house. See if she'll settle for a firemouth. or an electric blue acara. Only one cause breeding pairs in a community tank can be nightmares

• Like 1

On 8/2/2024 at 10:03 PM, GPounda said:

So do I still have too many fish for the tank?

Well yes, 🤣 but it's more manageable now. You could do it the other way, but water changes may have been 3x a week 😂

I'm guessing the show tanks we see have a continuous drip system or an auto change system to keep the nitrates in a safe range. 

You're now in the range of something I might do. And I can stuff a tank full sometimes. But, really, it's all about the maintenance