stocking ideas for 30g long

recently was given a 30g long from a coworker who couldn’t keep up with maintenance, i’m working on adding plants and driftwood but am thinking of adding something else in the future. it came with two juvenile angelfish and 4 neon tetras who have all settled in well, any advice on how to fill the rest of the space out? IMG_3656.jpeg.3b15bb8f1f691b4fda2d0206745bfc49.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/30/2024 at 3:32 PM, T. Payne said:

I'm not seeing the aforementioned fish in the aquarium, I do see what appears to be white skirt tetras.

those two blobs over by the amazon sword plant are the angelfish, they’re only about an inch wide right now, the zebra one is easier to see than the koi patterned one 

• Like 1

Well, what's your thoughts on corys on the bottom? What kind is all up to what you like. Pandas are fun to watch, maybe up 10 in there? Sterbais are cool or orange laser, but 6 or so of those. they're a bit larger.  Maybe an albino bristlenose. Not long fin, they get too big for that. or clown pleco.

On 7/30/2024 at 5:25 PM, Tony s said:

Well, what's your thoughts on corys on the bottom? What kind is all up to what you like. Pandas are fun to watch, maybe up 10 in there? Sterbais are cool or orange laser, but 6 or so of those. they're a bit larger.  Maybe an albino bristlenose. Not long fin, they get too big for that. or clown pleco.

cory’s are definitely on my list, i have them in my other community tank though so i am looking to see if i could do other fish first. i was also looking at kuhli loaches but im not sure between a group of those or a small pleco.

On 7/30/2024 at 5:59 PM, reventuality said:

but im not sure between a group of those or a small pleco

Both. Both would work. You have the room. Not sure how sharp edged the stratum is for the kuhli bellies though.  They like to dig, but my daughter has them on blue gravel and they're fine. Now we just have to work on the blue gravel thing 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/30/2024 at 6:03 PM, Tony s said:

Both. Both would work. You have the room. Not sure how sharp edged the stratum is for the kuhli bellies though.  They like to dig, but my daughter has them on blue gravel and they're fine. Now we just have to work on the blue gravel thing 🤣

i might do that then, it’s a soft substrate but i’m glad to hear they can do well on something besides sand.  thanks for the help !

• Like 1

On 7/31/2024 at 9:51 AM, Schuyler said:

Fluvial stratum is really light so larger bottom dwelling fish could easily kick it up and make a mess

Couldn't say anything about the stratum, but the pleco I do have is rarely on the bottom. usually stuck on the glass or driftwood 😁