Auto feeder

So I’ve just set up my auto feeder for my 2 week vacation and I’ve set it to feed way less than I usually do as I don’t want an ammonia spike (though sometimes it still overfeeds and it’s pretty inconsistent but not that often) and sometimes there’s a fish that doesn’t get any food because the others ate it all before they got a chance to see it. Is this fine? I’m assuming sometimes they will be at the right place and be able to get food sometimes but maybe not everyday

• Like 1

On 7/29/2024 at 11:48 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

Depends. Could be that it is not close obviously, or just doesn’t see it, mine does this. My WCMMs, I mean, 4 get the food and one just doesn’t even pay attention. It is weird. But out of 2 week no need to worry that one will not get food @Cjbear087.

I mean I’m not really talking about 1 specific fish - I’m just saying that most of the time there will be a fish that doesn’t get as much food as the others. But your saying either way it doesn’t really matter if it’s only for two weeks?

• Like 1

On 7/29/2024 at 6:54 PM, Cjbear087 said:

I mean I’m not really talking about 1 specific fish - I’m just saying that most of the time there will be a fish that doesn’t get as much food as the others. But your saying either way it doesn’t really matter if it’s only for two weeks?

Oh ok. Yeah out of 2 weeks, and supposing you’ll have it on feeding every day, I wouldn’t worry to much honestly @Cjbear087.

Unless you have fry, I’d go max 1 feeding per week while you’re away. IMO, I’d do 1 feeding on Day 7 and next feeding when you return. Or if I was feeling confident in the auto feeder, 1 feeding on Day 5 and Day 10. Obviously you can feed daily and nothing can go wrong, but if it does and you’re not there, then you have a problem. Good luck 

Edited by mynameisnobody
  • Like 1