Betta & Mystery

My last Betta was very sweet and gentle.  She didn't harm the Mystery Snail that was with her.  She would sometimes lay beside him, but never harmed him.  The Mystery Snail was way more outgoing in her tank than in the other tanks.  However, I have only kept this pairing once.  I have a male coming.  How safe is it to try a Mystery Snail with a Betta?

I have witnessed guppies harming snails more than bettas do, with my experience with 7 guppy tanks and 11 bettas to this day.

You are aware of the risk. Things may go wrong, but as long as you have a second plan, you can try under control and supervision. I would ask myself, what would I do if my new betta bullies my snail? If you have an answer, you can try.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Betta's are on a case by case basis. some males are ok. some females are nasty. 

I usually keep my bettas in community tanks with snails in. But Some bettas are just unstable and can't be kept that way

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The question here is your bettas personality. If you want to try it and have a backup plan, I

On 7/23/2024 at 2:37 PM, Lennie said:

I have witnessed guppies harming snails more than bettas do, with my experience with 7 guppy tanks and 11 bettas to this day.

You are aware of the risk. Things may go wrong, but as long as you have a second plan, you can try under control and supervision. I would ask myself, what would I do if my new betta bullies my snail? If you have an answer, you can try.

would go for it. Just like what @Lennie said. So if you have a other tank then yes i would try it, and if they do not get along put the snail or betta in a different aquarium @Louise02.

• Thanks 1