Multi tank temperature controller?

I use inkbirds in all my tanks.  I added a 6 tank stand and several new tanks to my new fishroom.

Is there a controller that will monitor and control more than 1 tank at a time. It gets VERY expensive to buy individual ones for every tank. 

I don’t care if it connects to Wi-Fi because I wouldn’t know how to use something so complicated but I would be willing to try and learn if it’s my only option. 

Inkbird makes a couple of two zone controllers.  I use them for a couple of snakes.  But they wouldn't be perfect for aquariums.  

I don't know of a larger solution.  The problem is the two zone controllers are more expensive than the stand-alone 1 aquarium setups which can be had for less than $20 if you wait for sales.  It would be nice if someone made a centralized one with maybe 5 zones.  The problem is they'd probably be more than $100.

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2024 at 12:50 PM, Guppysnail said:

Is there a controller that will monitor and control more than 1 tank at a time. It gets VERY expensive to buy individual ones for every tank. 

Well, a thermostat to control room heat rather than heating individual tanks…

the only way an inkbird could do it would be to have multiple circuits and I dont know that there would be much of a savings with just combining the housig…. Ie they would have nearly the expense of three units to have three separate controls on a single unit…. AndvI cant think there would be much of a market for it…

I run three tanks in my well insulated bedroom and in the winter I find the tank heatloss heats the room to about 73 all by itself. If I had a few more tanks, I dare say it would be just as well to heat the room itself to tank temp rather than heating each tank individually.

• Thanks 1

I have inkbirds too which I use to control a few heaters in the winter but this summer I decided to employ one the inkbirds to control an air conditioner in my fish room.

I found a window mounted AC with analog style controls used for $30.  It's a very plain style of AC which just  a switch and potentiometer for control. its not the type which uses an lcd display with digital control buttons.  I didn't think the digitally controlled AC would cooperate with my inkbird controller cutting the power on and off.

Anyway, I have it hooked up to the inkbird and regualte the temperature that way..   I just set the probe out near the middle of the room somewhere.  It works great.  It just kicks the little window mount AC on and Off automatically.  This setup is only for keeping the room and tanks cool during summer however..  its set to 74°f.   All my tanks are staying about  this temp for summer.   I suppose I could set it higher should I want to run the AC less and maybe save some electricity. 

I'm not sure about what  your exact  requirements are though OP.

Edited by MattP