Help ID’ing Parasite(?) on Gudgeon

ROBSCOOL

Hi all-

New to the site and was looking for some help ID’ing what is on my gudgeon fish. I had two gudgeons and the first one died after having the same growth/parasite? This pic is of my current fish who just developed what I thought might be gill flukes but I honestly have no idea. The fish is eating and is nice and fat. I am currently on day 3 after dosing the tank with Fritz PraziCleanse and whatever this is hasn’t changed at all since dosing. Please let me know what you guys think and if you need any other info. Thanks in advance!

IMG_2927.jpeg

IMG_2924.jpeg

IMG_2925.jpeg

IMG_2926.jpeg

With the Reddening and lump it looks more like a bacterial infection what I would do is a course of maracyn2 active ingredient minocycline is a broad spectrum antibiotic treatment it's shrimp and snails safe @ROBSCOOL

On 7/18/2024 at 6:10 PM, Colu said:

With the Reddening and lump it looks more like a bacterial infection what I would do is a course of maracyn2 active ingredient minocycline is a broad spectrum antibiotic treatment it's shrimp and snails safe @ROBSCOOL

Thanks for the info! There’s actually no redness at the site, the pics are a little misleading. There’s definitely a lump on that side though. I have maracyn on hand but not maracyn 2. Do you think I should definitely order and treat with maracyn 2?

• Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 12:09 AM, ROBSCOOL said:

Thanks for the info! There’s actually no redness at the site, the pics are a little misleading. There’s definitely a lump on that side though. I have maracyn on hand but not maracyn 2. Do you think I should definitely order and treat with maracyn 2?

What I would do as you have maracyn to hand is do a large water change and add active carbon remove any remaining medication start treating with that as soon as possible