Greetings! And a question...

I just realized this forum existed this morning, and I'm excited to join!

I have a 40 gallon with a couple of axolotls, a 10 gallon beta community tank, and I'm setting up a new 20 gallon tall (pictured).

I'm looking to put an apistogramma pair in this, along with a school of harlequin rasboras. The harleys are easy enough to find, but I'm having trouble locating any local places that sell dwarf cihlids. So far, it looks like Dan's Fish in Wyoming looks to be a decent supplier - but I was hoping to source someone locally (Kentucky/Midwest) first before ordering online.

Any recommendations for tropical fish stores in the KY/TN/IN region?

Thanks!

IMG_2216.jpg

• Love 1

On 7/11/2024 at 8:00 AM, Shaunofett said:

I just realized this forum existed this morning, and I'm excited to join!

I have a 40 gallon with a couple of axolotls, a 10 gallon beta community tank, and I'm setting up a new 20 gallon tall (pictured).

I'm looking to put an apistogramma pair in this, along with a school of harlequin rasboras. The harleys are easy enough to find, but I'm having trouble locating any local places that sell dwarf cihlids. So far, it looks like Dan's Fish in Wyoming looks to be a decent supplier - but I was hoping to source someone locally (Kentucky/Midwest) first before ordering online.

Any recommendations for tropical fish stores in the KY/TN/IN region?

Thanks!

IMG_2216.jpg

Welcome to the forum! Do you have a PetSmart or Petco in the area? I live in a similar region that has petsmarts with dwarf cichlids. But if not online is actually a great option. Glad you joined, you will learn a ton as i did on this forum!

• Like 1

On 7/11/2024 at 8:37 AM, mynameisnobody said:

Aquabid for local breeders. Personally I wouldn’t buy anything other than dry goods at big box stores. The money you save on shipping you spend on sickly fish. 

Very true. Big chains are kinda risky, you can get a perfectly healthy fish or a fish that the week after you get it.I personally say take a chance, or Dans fish. Online in general

• Like 1