Golden ram disease

Sam0202

Posted (edited)

Hi, I have several tanks and one of them recently got ich which I’ve never had before. After a few treatments of esha exit and esha 2000 all of my fish seem to doing fine with no visible spots and temperament changes other than my two golden rams. They seem fine and not irritable but for some reason these white marks don’t seem to be shifting and I don’t want to continue treatment as it’s not having any effect. I’ve done the standard actions as in turning my temps up during treatment etc but not 100% what action to take now. Any recommendations would be great? Thanks!

IMG_2275.jpeg

IMG_2272.jpeg

Edited by Sam0202

On 7/6/2024 at 11:40 AM, Sam0202 said:

Hi, I have several tanks and one of them recently got ich which I’ve never had before. After a few treatments of esha exit and esha 2000 all of my fish seem to doing fine with no visible spots and temperament changes other than my two golden rams. They seem fine and not irritable but for some reason these white marks don’t seem to be shifting and I don’t want to continue treatment as it’s not having any effect. I’ve done the standard actions as in turning my temps up during treatment etc but not 100% what action to take now. Any recommendations would be great? Thanks!

IMG_2275.jpeg

IMG_2272.jpeg

It could be epistylis that feeds off of gram negative bacteria on the slime coat of your fish and spreads more quickly at higher temperatures he's how  you can tell the difference epistylis and ich 

1000000051.png