Aquarium Filters

I haven't heard, nor used.  But, for the price - could there really be that much of a difference from an FX? Generally, you get what you pay for in quality...but $500 for a filter seems quite high. 

What are you looking for it to do, that an FX6 can't? What sized tank would you put it on? 

On 6/21/2024 at 1:22 PM, Jeff said:

I haven't heard, nor used.  But, for the price - could there really be that much of a difference from an FX? Generally, you get what you pay for in quality...but $500 for a filter seems quite high. 

What are you looking for it to do, that an FX6 can't? What sized tank would you put it on? 

I agree that $500 is quite high for a filter. I might just stick with tried and true FX6.

I to have never heard of this filter but complicated filters always seem to have problems every seal is a point where it can leak every basket is a place where water can bypass and electrons can go haywire 

I like the idea of multiple inlets and outputs and such but I’m always wary when the cost of failure is high 

On 6/21/2024 at 7:13 PM, face said:

I to have never heard of this filter but complicated filters always seem to have problems every seal is a point where it can leak every basket is a place where water can bypass and electrons can go haywire 

I like the idea of multiple inlets and outputs and such but I’m always wary when the cost of failure is high 

You have a good point high risk for failure 

On 6/21/2024 at 1:22 PM, Jeff said:

I plan to put it in a 210 community tank, Angela, discus, tetras.

I'm sure the FX6 can handle it. I guess I'm thinking about getting more filtration since discus need "extra clean" water.

You shouldn't need extra filtration. If it's a planted  the tank should be able to handle any excess food that doesn't get eaten. Or, if it's bare bottom - you can vac that up in water changes. 

There really shouldn't be a need to 'over filter' an aquarium; regardless of the inhabitants. Regular maintenance, not over feeding, water testing, and water changes are sufficient for almost any kind of tank.