Shrimp dying?

Cjbear087

Anyone know what’s wrong with my shrimp? He keeps going upside down and when something goes near him he jumps back up but flips again? I am a bit worried as it seems a lot of my shrimp are swimming around randomly but params are all fine so could something else be affecting them? Also I’ve attached some pics and it’s quite hard to see but on the shrimps butt it seems to be greyish whiteish if you look closely. Also could 1 shrimp cause an ammonia spike in a 15gal?

IMG_4126.jpeg

IMG_4127.jpeg

IMG_4128.jpeg

IMG_4129.jpeg

On 6/20/2024 at 8:51 PM, JettsPapa said:

I can only answer your last question.  No, one shrimp would not cause an ammonia spike in a 15 gallon tank.

Ok that’s a relief, also do you know if shrimp are like ants in the sense that they kinda stay with their dead comrades and that could explain why they are all crowding it? They aren’t eating it but seems to be crawling over it and moving it.

On 6/20/2024 at 3:47 PM, Cjbear087 said:

Ok that’s a relief, also do you know if shrimp are like ants in the sense that they kinda stay with their dead comrades and that could explain why they are all crowding it? They aren’t eating it but seems to be crawling over it and moving it.

It's been 15 hours since you posted, but I'll bet they are eating it.

On 6/21/2024 at 1:33 PM, JettsPapa said:

It's been 15 hours since you posted, but I'll bet they are eating it.

Nope, it’s still alive and I have no idea how - still upside down or on its side but it still has enough energy to dart around when something goes near it