Sick Goldfish

Lis

Hello, I didn't realize my Goldy was sick when I bought it. Now I've been treating it with EM Erythromycin. Something came out of it yesterday, sorry I didn't take pictures when her whole bottom was bulging out. Now she just has a huge hole that is constantly releasing puss. Today is the 2nd day of Em Erythromicin. Do you have any other advice on what I should do next and how? I do have Pimafix that I just bought yesterday but I'm not sure if adding it with em Erythromycin will cause a chemical reaction.

20240615_200455.jpg

On 6/16/2024 at 8:21 PM, Lis said:

Hello, I didn't realize my Goldy was sick when I bought it. Now I've been treating it with EM Erythromycin. Something came out of it yesterday, sorry I didn't take pictures when her whole bottom was bulging out. Now she just has a huge hole that is constantly releasing puss. Today is the 2nd day of Em Erythromicin. Do you have any other advice on what I should do next and how? I do have Pimafix that I just bought yesterday but I'm not sure if adding it with em Erythromycin will cause a chemical reaction.

20240615_200455.jpg

Look like a ruptured abscess I would finish the course of erythromycin and add some aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons for 7 days that will aid Gill function and add essential electrolytes and help prevent secondary fungal infections add an extra air stone during treatment just remember to only put back in what you take out so if you do a two gallon water change put 1 table spoon of salt back as salt's only removed though water changes I wouldn't recommend pimafix for anything more serious it just a mild antiseptic treatment 

Edited by Colu