Moving aquariums twice in 2 weeks? Dumb or okay?

Update: a denison barb jumped through the cracks in the lid last night and died. Very unfortunate. Beautiful huge fish I’ve had for many years now. Gotta hope it doesn’t happen to anyone else!

• Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have moved everything. I lost one of my 3 archers though :(. Besides that and the previously mentioned lost Denison barb there have been no other casualties, but those are two very tough casualties.

• Sad 1

I feel your pain I lost my Oscar while doing a wc went to the sink to turn the water on. He hides when I work on the tank so I didn't miss him until it was to late. Now I don't take the lids off until the water is down a foot or so. RIP Oscar Myer

• Sad 2

On 7/15/2024 at 8:31 PM, Airborne 82nd said:

I feel your pain I lost my Oscar while doing a wc went to the sink to turn the water on. He hides when I work on the tank so I didn't miss him until it was to late. Now I don't take the lids off until the water is down a foot or so. RIP Oscar Myer

That’s terrible! Oscars and other charismatic cichlids are really tough losses 😢

Here are my four tanks:

Rescaped both 29s and the 15 and 125 went under just minor changes

IMG_0557.jpeg

IMG_0558.jpeg

IMG_0559.jpeg

IMG_0560.jpeg

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

today already my archerfish are eating which is good, even though they’re a bit banged up. Eating is the first step to healing all that.

It looks like some frayed finnage and a little scratch on an eye. Hopefully the eye stuff especially is not a big deal for him.

Edited by Gannon
  • Love 1