White Cloud Mountain Minnows in a 6 gallon long tank?

I was reading on Aquarium Co-op about fish you could keep aquarium co-op in a 5-gallon, and they suggested WCMM's. My tank is heavily planted, with a HOB filter. How many could I keep in there? Or is it not a good idea?

• Like 1

not a good idea if you ask me.

My LFS sells them in such tank size, and they are very active fish. I think they need a fairly big swimming space to satisfy their needs. They look pretty bad at that tank size at my LFS.

If I were you I would consider tiny rasboras like chilis or a betta

betta having a risk to pose dangr for shrimp ofcourse

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/5/2024 at 1:14 PM, shrimpleaf said:

I was reading on Aquarium Co-op about fish you could keep aquarium co-op in a 5-gallon, and they suggested WCMM's. My tank is heavily planted, with a HOB filter. How many could I keep in there? Or is it not a good idea?

I am in the minority of the people who say yes, it is fine for WCMMs to be in a 5. It can happen, 5-6 only tho, I’ve seen multiple YouTubers say it is completely fine and you can make it happen, I’ve seen some people have them in a extremely planted tank. Like plants all over the place with shrimp. But overall, the best choice IMO is a betta for that size tank, but witha betta, idk if shrimp is a good idea.

On 6/5/2024 at 4:30 PM, macdaddy36 said:

In a long tank it’s more doable than a standard 5 gallon. What are the dimensions?

Yes, same Q

• Thanks 1

On 6/5/2024 at 10:08 PM, shrimpleaf said:

The tank is 23.62 inches long and 7.87 inches deep and tall. It's a pretty long tank. It is more like a 6.5 gallon honestly

That is a long boy right there. Wow. Yeah, 6.5 prob. 23 Inches is very long for a 6. I think your minnows would be just fine in there IMO. Last Q, can I see a picture of the tank @shrimpleaf

Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2024 at 7:55 AM, Whitecloud09 said:

That is a long boy right there. Wow. Yeah, 6.5 prob. 23 Inches is very long for a 6. I think your minnows would be just fine in there IMO. Last Q, can I see a picture of the tank @shrimpleaf

It is a UNS 60L, it will be ordered as soon as I figure out if it's right for my fish of if I should upgrade.

Edited by shrimpleaf

On 6/6/2024 at 8:57 AM, shrimpleaf said:

It is a UNS 60S, it will be ordered as soon as I figure out if it's right for my fish of if I should upgrade.

Oh my bad, i thought u already had it. I say WCMMs, or a betta with  a snail.

On 6/6/2024 at 8:59 AM, shrimpleaf said:

If I have the opportunity to upgrade to a 10 Gallon  how many minnows can I have?

6-8. Some people say 10-15 but I think that is way to many. IMO. I currently have 5 in my 10g. One died a few months back, I think he got accidentally buried under the gravel sadly. You will not usually face sickness with these guys, they are indestructible (not saying that it will not happen but yes prob not) any fish can get sick. If you can get a 10g that would be a lot better if possible. @shrimpleaf

• Like 1