Sponge filters

Hi folks,

While us fish keepers in Europe are waiting for Cory to globalize here's a little something that I stumbled across today.

I wanted to increase flow from the nano sponge filter in my chilli tank.

Went to my LFS and bought one of these 

19890_1.webp.4d6c7019ed5346ce8bd3e042ba15403c.webp

Turns out all the joints are friction fit and you can remove the uplift section and fit it to your existing standard sponge filter.

Not planning on doing it long term as I'm waiting for the new sponge to seed but omg does it pull a lot of water through!!

Now I'm not saying all sponge filters use the same diameter uplift tubing so try before you buy

• Like 2

On 6/1/2024 at 10:09 PM, Mr Gumby said:

Hi folks,

While us fish keepers in Europe are waiting for Cory to globalize here's a little something that I stumbled across today.

I wanted to increase flow from the nano sponge filter in my chilli tank.

Went to my LFS and bought one of these 

19890_1.webp.4d6c7019ed5346ce8bd3e042ba15403c.webp

Turns out all the joints are friction fit and you can remove the uplift section and fit it to your existing standard sponge filter.

Not planning on doing it long term as I'm waiting for the new sponge to seed but omg does it pull a lot of water through!!

Now I'm not saying all sponge filters use the same diameter uplift tubing so try before you buy

The best side of these products is, you can either use them like a waterfall, where the tube is above the water line, or directly at the water line for good surface agitation but no bubble sound, or below the water line and it works like a regular sponge filter with bubbles

I dont like the sound of bubbles myself, so I level it up to the water line. However waterfall effect can look nice based on the aquascape too

• Like 1