Hardscape and PH

Are there any particular stones or types of driftwood that have a significant impact on PH in an aquarium? I've heard different opinions on this, but I was hoping to find a reliable resource on it. For example, some type of list/graph that would reflect the changes in PH when using certain types of hard scapes. 

Most of my tanks have Dragonstone and Spiderwood as I was scared of pH changes and altered water, so I wanted inert things in my tanks. These days, though, I would be way less scared. 

My water is naturally lower pH, soft, with little to no buffer. Certain stones would probably help increase pH and add buffer for me. 

That being said, my blackwater tanks have the highest gH and kH of all 14 of my tanks. Why? Idk. I was expecting the botanicals to eat away at the tiny amount of buffer that I naturally have and drop the pH even lower, yet, I’ve had the exact opposite experience. 

Use the stones and hardscape you want and see what happens! The experiment is half the fun. At least for me. 

• Like 1

anything limestone based will raise ph and gh. I believe those include seiryu stone and ohko stone and texas holey rock. granite based stone are inert. think basalts, granite, slate and won't do anything. sandstone based rocks may (probably will).

easiest way to tell is if you put vinegar onto the surface and it fizzes. it will raise gh

• Like 1