Vacation for 2 weeks

I am going for a 2 week vacation and am wondering if my fish are fine without food. I do have a auto feeder but I do want to breed the cories and heard that lowering ideal conditions will cause the cories to go into survival mode.

What’s the max setting for time between feedings on the auto feeder? Even just a couple times while you’re gone, or one small feeding every 48 hours or something could provide a lot of peace of mind. 

As far as parameters go, the tank should be fine without maintenance for 2 weeks, assuming the tank is well seasoned and you have a healthy ecosystem going on. 

• Like 2

2 weeks is just too long with no food

You should use the autofeeder.

I have bred different cory species and I always fed them everyday. Starving fish has nothing to do with it really. In fact food conditions the fish better. Live food or frozen food being even better at conditioning I believe

2 weeks is also long enough to be risky if noone will every watch the tanks randomly. What if the filter fails or something happens like power outs

I would ask someone to check the home at least once every 3 days myself

• Like 3

On 5/25/2024 at 11:47 PM, AllFishNoBrakes said:

Even just a couple times while you’re gone, or one small feeding every 48 hours or something could provide a lot of peace of mind. 

I agree.

• Like 1