What species of cory can thrive in a 30 gallon cube

I have a custom aqurium being made . It's 3/8 thick stairphire glass 24L x 20W x 15H . I have a 40g 3ft long saltwater too but I originally wanted to transfer the saltwater to the custom tank and reuse the 40g 3ft tank for fresh but maybe I can just use the custom tank for freshwater instead . But if I do I want to do a school of corydoras so what species would thrive in that size ? Planning to add plants and a hob filter and water changes for stability.  This custom tank is going in my bedroom . Decided to repurpose the 2x2 dead space I have in the room for a tank . 

Hellow brye,

Welcome to the forum.

In my personal experience, many cory species enjoy crowded numbers in their school and like to be a part of a peaceful community tank. And If they feel comfortable in such tank, they are actually pretty active fish.

I believe your tank is not really a cube as the dimensions are not really cubic(better than a cube btw, as 60x50 is better than my 50x50 cube if you ask me, as cories mainly utilise the bottom area) In your tank size, I would do small to medium size corys in a big school. 

Such as pandas, hastatus, habrosus, pygmys in big groups. But smallest cories can be limiting for potential tank mates. Pandas are easy to find, isn't expensive and middle size which is pretty good.

I used to keep my sterbais in a similar size but later on it got problematic. The tank dimensions felt too small especially when they started breeding and actively swimming as a result. When  I moved them to a bigger tank, they suited there much better.

• Like 1

Thank you . Pandas are cool i used to have them and albinos in a 40g when i first started back in 2020  . Planing on using 30lb sand and a few medium size rocks and in the middle put a spider wood with a slate base . Then plants then add fish slowly . I have a spare 17g cube for quarantine just gotta find the sponge filer and air pump lol 😆  but thank you it's been on my mind for awhile i just want to do the things the right way and not the impulsive way . 

• Like 1