Could I have Baby Celestial Pearl Danios?

I had CPDs in a QT and 2 weeks ago moved them to the main tank. Everyone seems happy! Before my next group of quarantine fish I decided to check the QT's cycle by using Ammonium Chloride. I was using test strips to detect ammonia and my pH was a bit low. So I saw 0 ammonia and after 2 days added more ammonium chloride. Then I tested with API liquid test kit. Ammonia was actually at 5 ppm and that is when I saw pH being low. I raised pH a little, 7.0, and gave it a couple of days. I also raised temperature to 80'. Ammonia now tested 0, nitrite at 0 and nitrate was at 50, as expected. But I was now seeing a cycle. I repeated and same thing. Last night I decided to test and do a WC to prepare for fish this weekend. Everything was good in terms of cycle. I looked in the tank and saw tiny life forms.

I saw 3 tiny fish. Could eggs have survived the high ammonia? 

I also saw a couple of spiraling worms, very tiny. I googled worms in freshwater aquarium and they look like detritus worms. 

I will be getting more fish this weekend, probably neon tetras. I'll test the water again tonight to make sure everything is low before proceeding. 

Happy, healthy CPDs are daily breeders with each female laying 12-25 eggs a day. They also tend to each eat 12-25 eggs a day which is why we're not overrun with CPDs. You likely moved the adults out before they could finish eating their most recently laid eggs. A low pH largely neutralizes any ammonia in a tank so not a huge problem for the eggs/fry. CPDs only made their way to the aquarium hobby in 2006, so they reproduce quickly and fairly easily to now be as affordable and widespread as they are. 

• Like 1