Please help confused on whats best to buy

What kind of light would be best to buy for an aquarium 72.5” in length. 1 comet goldfish (hybrid i think with common) 16 years old. 10.5” in length. With these listed plants. Was hoping for bluetooth and phone app features. Or remote. Thank you guys
Amazon sword-
 Elodia-
Java Fern-
Anacharis- 
Java moss- 
Anubias frazeri-
Duckweed-
Amazon frog bits-
Water spangles-

• Administrators

Likely the goldfish will just eat the duckweed btw. For a 6 ft aquarium, I'd use 1 48 inch light in the middle since you'll be growing low light plants. As for an app, what features are you looking for?

Our light is built to last but doesn't have an app. I find most apps to be finicky and not provide much benefit for the way I keep my aquariums. A simple remote and a wifi timer keeps things stable and predictable.  https://www.aquariumcoop.com/products/aquarium-co-op-easy-plant-led?variant=40242906366021

On 5/14/2024 at 3:39 PM, Cory said:

Likely the goldfish will just eat the duckweed btw. For a 6 ft aquarium, I'd use 1 48 inch light in the middle since you'll be growing low light plants. As for an app, what features are you looking for?

Our light is built to last but doesn't have an app. I find most apps to be finicky and not provide much benefit for the way I keep my aquariums. A simple remote and a wifi timer keeps things stable and predictable.  https://www.aquariumcoop.com/products/aquarium-co-op-easy-plant-led?variant=40242906366021

For app features, I would like Bluetooth iPhone on/off and programmable time via app. Most importantly. To be able to change the brightness of each color spectrum would be nice also. And to be able to set schedules on the app. I have been considering the Aquarium co-op light. I’m very grateful for the help and recommendation. I seen the video about how strong it was and waterproof. Very impressive. 

• Administrators

If you want all of those features, I recommend the fluval 3.0. I find most people think they want to change things like intensity of each color of leds. But in practice end up not because it's hard to find correct settings.

I like using the kasa wifi timers as I believe their compatibility with phones is higher than apps for different lights. I set mine up for longevity and it being reliable. I also use kasa light switches in my house, cameras etc. My wife can also turn fish tank lights on and off. Plus I can turn them on when out of town. Most are bluetooth and you have to be close. Handy for when on vacation to be able to do it via wifi. link to the timer. https://www.aquariumcoop.com/products/kasa-wifi-light-timer

I bought 2 fluval 3.0s.  I loved the app.  I hated the light colors.  The reds were a very pale pink.  The blue was overpowering and a funky sort of blue.  Then there were three types of white.  Cool white had few leds and didnt put out much power. True white did t put out much more.  Warm white had a lot of yellow.  Iwas never happy with the color rendering of it, and they gather dust in my basement.

Ibought a Chihiros WRGB pro or some sort.  The colors were better, and plenty of power, but the app stunk…

I ended up going back to myy originalFinnex Planted Plus ALC and run 2 per tank, one in back half, one in front half.  The light programming on that sucks too, but the color rendering is good.  The problem with the time scheduling is that it runs with a 3 hour ramp from setting to setting.  Impossible to run a split time schedule and gives light too long yielding algae farm given that light ramps to off over 3 hours…

I ended up not using the included timer and installing Nicrew inline timer dimmers that allow a reasonable 15 minute or 30 minute ramp.  given the nicrew timer I do not have the remote capability of bluetooth or internet,.  I run them from 4:00 to 8:30 morning and night.  Its not my ideal, but it works and gives good color rendering allowing RGB and white channels and provides the par I need.   The ALC has been discontinued. The alphabet letters at theend makes a lot of difference between the lights.  There are currently 3 different Finnex PlantedPlus lights. The CRV is the closest tothe ALC.

If the Co Op light had rgb color channels and whiter white leds I would give it serious consideration myself. And if it had even a 10 minute ramp up ramp down, even better…  The color rendering of it just doesnt suit me as it is..  it sort of like some people like green cars and some like red….

• Like 1