Columnaris or NTD

Shrimpee

Posted (edited)

So I was looking around in my tank when I noticed this one neon with a white torso. Is it columnaris or NTD? His fins are also very beat up around the white part.IMG_4677.jpeg.c96f135c1b0c885c691cf17c6e36e0f9.jpeg

Edited by Shrimpee

Possibly columnaris  that's a gram negative bacterial infections that spreads more quickly at temperatures over 75 and can kill in 24hr to 7 days depending on the strain the most effective treatment I have found is kanaplex and jungal fungus clear fizz tabs containing nitrofurazone following this treatment plan it could have also just injured itself and scraped its back I would still air on the side of caution and treat if you have shrimp kanaplex can be harmful @Shrimpee 1000000030.png.93dc4d1a34334be934bbf4ee68d0a150.png

• Like 1

On 5/11/2024 at 1:33 PM, Colu said:

Possibly columnaris  that's a gram negative bacterial infections that spreads more quickly at temperatures over 75 and can kill in 24hr to 7 days depending on the strain the most effective treatment I have found is kanaplex and jungal fungus clear fizz tabs containing nitrofurazone following this treatment plan it could have also just injured itself and scraped its back I would still air on the side of caution and treat if you have shrimp kanaplex can be harmful @Shrimpee 1000000030.png.93dc4d1a34334be934bbf4ee68d0a150.png

I do have shrimp in the tank so do you think it would be better to mix it in with some food to feed to the fish?

On 5/13/2024 at 12:20 AM, Shrimpee said:

And if so then would I still need to remove chemical filtration if I feed it to them instead? @Colu

Columnaris is an external bacterial infections there's not much benefit in adding the medication to food What I would do as you have shrimp is two full course of maracyn2 or API fin and body cure which ever one is more readily available back to back both medication are shrimp safe dosing the tank start treating as soon as possible and remove chemical filtration during treatment 

Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2024 at 1:36 PM, Colu said:

Columnaris is an external bacterial infections there's not much benefit in adding the medication to food What I would do as you have shrimp is two full course of maracyn2 or API fin and body cure which ever one is more readily available back to back both medication are shrimp safe dosing the tank start treating as soon as possible and remove chemical filtration during treatment 

I might just dose the whole tank with Kanaplex and Clear fizz tabs as I only have about 5 cherrys in there after a ph drop so I think I will take the risk as some people have had their cherrys survive with Kanaplex. The cherrys are also generally hardy as those 5 survived high nitrates when I first set it up, low gh and kh, and low ph so hopefully now since my tank is generally healthy (except for the columnaris) I think they can survive the kanaplex as I have it on hand. I'll report back on the cherrys survival though and I will definetly check on them each day. @Colu

Edited by Shrimpee

So I've got good news and bad news. The bad news is that the fish died yesterday. The good news is none of the other fish are showing any symptoms as of right now but I will still keep doing the treatment for today. 

And none of the cherrys or snails died during the treatment.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2024 at 11:03 PM, Colu said:

Მადლობა ინფორმაციისთვის. მეც მინდა ვიცოდე. მიხარია, რომ შენი პოსტი ვიპოვე. მე რეალურად ვეძებდი საიტს ონლაინში, სადაც შემეძლო ვიპოვო ონლაინ კაზინო სათამაშო საიტები და ონლაინ ძიებისას ვიპოვე შენი პოსტი. მეც იგივე პრობლემის წინაშე ვიყავი და ამიტომაც დავინტერესდი შენი პოსტით. ვაფასებ, რომ დამეხმარე.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by JamesAlbright