Thick-lipped Gourami Dropsy

Cinnebuns

Posted (edited)

Ever since I got this gourami he has had long poops and been a little plump. I have fed him daphnia for about half his meals since I got him because of this. A few days ago I noticed he's more than just a little plump but huge and slightly pine coning. I was sick at the time but I still threw together a hospital tank for him. He has been in this hospital tank for about a day and a half. It is a 5.5 gallon tank with some decor for hides so I estimate 5 gallons of water. I added 2.5 TBSP of aquarium salt.

Today I looked and he appears to be worse. Or maybe I didn't notice how bad he was before idk. Now I'm debating doubling the salt to get to 1 TBSP per 1 gallon. Would you?  Any reason to add meds?  

@Colu

20240508_095737.jpg

Edited by Cinnebuns

Could be dropsy that can be caused by a number of things such as organ failure parasitic infections internal bacterial infections the most effective treatment I have found aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 1 gallon to help reduce fluid buildup dose the tank with kanaplex to treat any possible internal bacterial infections and do a course of metroplex in food feeding a small twice a day for upto  3 weeks @Cinnebuns 

1000000024.png