Goldenback chocolate shrimp maybe lol

As I'm not really a shrimp person and just getting more into them now this would be considered a chocolate shrimp and not black rose correct. Now the next thing that has left me kinda confused is the only thing in here is cherry shrimp so what exactly can I expect as this is a female with eggs please don't tell me I'm about the get some random combos with that please no skittles lol. First picture is disgusting sorry about that I leave this tank alone fore the babies for the most part.

IMG_1981.jpg

IMG_1982.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

• Like 1

I've had some that look similar coming out of a random mix of interbred reds, yellows, blues, etc.  No clue what to expect.  It all depends on what male/males fertilized her eggs.

• Like 1

It had to be a cherry shrimp unless there's one in here that isn't a cherry and I haven't seen in 5 months. I originally bought yellows but that didn't end being what I mostly got but I got those all sorted and separated 4 months ago so it has to be a cherry.

Your brown shrimp looks like one I have in my tank of mixed blood reds, sunkist oranges and golden back yellows. I call the color hazelnut because of the lighter tan stripe. I've only ever seen the one or two in my tank and they are both big healthy shrimp, but almost all the shrimp in that tank are red no matter what other colors I put in. 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 6:10 PM, PineSong said:

Your brown shrimp looks like one I have in my tank of mixed blood reds, sunkist oranges and golden back yellows. I call the color hazelnut because of the lighter tan stripe. I've only ever seen the one or two in my tank and they are both big healthy shrimp, but almost all the shrimp in that tank are red no matter what other colors I put in. 

That’s good to hear I don’t have enough tanks yet to be separating a lot of different shrimp lol. I don’t want to mix up several and end up with several different colors so I’ll just have to wait and see these babies grow up a little bit.

On 5/7/2024 at 12:45 AM, crazyshots said:

That’s good to hear I don’t have enough tanks yet to be separating a lot of different shrimp lol. I don’t want to mix up several and end up with several different colors so I’ll just have to wait and see these babies grow up a little bit.

Others who have been keeping mixed color tanks for longer say that the first few generations of babies sometimes have a lot of natural/brown colored shrimp but then the original colors start to come back in greater numbers, which makes sense if you think about how DNA works.

• Like 1